Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday








So, for those who know me well, I have had my ups and downs in life (don't we all?) I have suffered with severe depression and anxiety. I'm not ashamed to admit this, because, well, it is part of life. Now, back before I would accept this, and seek help for my problems, I comforted myself with food and alcohol. LOTS of alcohol. This, of course caused me to gain a lot of weight. I was in denial about it for so long, but it just kept creeping up. I bring this up for two reasons. One, I came across some of my pictures of my "bigger" days and it made me sad and ashamed. But, the second reason I bring this up is this; I was able to get over my fear of being labled "crazy"( as I thought of it at the time) and seek out help. I am so thankful to have received that help so I could get my life under control.




So, for this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful to my family for supporting me through all my ups and downs. I am also thankful to have renewed my love for life, and start loving myself again. I have come so far since then, and I can't help but be thankful for that. I also thank God that he never gave up on me, that he was waiting with open arms for me to come back to him. I have an amazing husband and two beautiful little girls. This is more than I could have ever imagined!!



This is my in between picture. One of the three happiest days of my life. I had found my happiness, and lost about 20 lbs.



And here I am today!!! Two kids later and I feel better than I ever have! I am 3 lbs. under my "realistic" goal weight and only two pounds from my "semi-realistic" goal weight.

I'm not posting this to brag by any means........this is just something I am VERY THANKFUL for!!!

4 comments:

  1. Don't be shocked when you see how fat I've become... Divorce hasn't been a miracle diet for me.. It actually made me gain a ton of weight. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Kara! I love you! Sadness brings the worst out of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say brag away!! you look great and you should be so proud of yourself. I also suffer for the same things it is hard to come to terms with it all but when you finally do life is great. You look beautiful Kara!!

    ReplyDelete